If you haven’t already resized and tagged your images, check out this short guide on how to do just that as this will need to be done first.
If you are a photographer and are just uploading images to the platform for the production to tag later, then skip past the tagging step and just check out how to quickly create low res JPG copies of your images that meet our upload specs. These are: 1000px on the longest size and under 500kb in size.
Now you have resized and tagged your images, this short document will guide you through:
- How to create new shoot days and upload images to them
- How to check and correct tagging typos
- How to put your images live.
Log in to the back end of the system by visiting api.imageapprovals.com
If you do not have your login details, please contact email@example.com
For security reasons, it is recommended you change your password to something memorable when you first log in. To do this, click on ‘change password’ in the left-hand menu.
2. Uploading your images
- After logging in, you’ll be taken to your dashboard. Click on the Productions tab in the left-hand menu and you will see the list of productions you have access to.
- We have already set up your first production, so click Edit to open it.
- Here you will see the actors attached to your production along with their kill percentages. You can set their solo and group allowances separately here. Remember, these are their kill percentages not their approval percentages.
- At the bottom of the page, we recommend adding one of your unit photographs as a featured image so that your actors can easily identify the production when they log in to the front end of the platform.
- Click the red Manage Production Days and Images button in the top right corner.
- For each new shoot day, click Create New Production Day and fill in the name (we recommend using the shoot date) and the date the images were shot.
- You can now upload images to this day by clicking view and Add Images.
- From here you can drag and drop your images into the uploader. Please note you can upload a maximum of 500 images at a time. Once you have dragged your images into the box, wait for the progress bar to reach 100%, then click Upload. Only click this once otherwise you will upload the files twice. Once the upload is complete, the page will automatically refresh.
- Once your images have uploaded, a green update box will appear, confirming that your images and their tags have been uploaded correctly. You can go ahead and close this by clicking the X in the top right of the box.
- Navigate back to the Day List page by using the blue navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Continue creating new shoot days and uploading your images.
- Once you have uploaded your images for each day, navigate back to the production summary page and check there have been no obvious tagging errors.
- Any obvious tagging errors like spelling mistakes on actors’ names can be found by looking at your list of actors on the production summary page. Typos will appear under your list of actors with a warning icon to the right of them.
- To correct typos in tags, just click on the three dots in the top right of the production summary page
4. Going Live
- Days will not be visible to users until both the day and production are marked as Live and Active respectively.
- Mark a day as live or draft by going to the manage production days page and selecting live or draft next to each day.
- To make the entire production visible or invisible to all users, scroll to the bottom of the Production Summary Page, and select the status you want in the Is Production Active drop down box
And you are done! The above is everything you need to know to get your production live!
If you are a photographer, that is your job done.
If you are a production account holder, the next step is to give your talent access. Once you are ready to let them begin, get in touch and we shall provide you with their welcome packs and user guides so they can get going.
As a production account holder, if you want to track talent’s progress, make your own kills and selects as well as download contact sheet reports of approved images once talent are done, simply log in to the front end of the platform at https://app.imageapprovals.com/
The front-end of the platform is so simple to use you likely won’t need instructions, but just in case you get stuck, you can find out about its various features in our production account guide.
Extra features for admin and power users…